When deciding which college to wait for the next four years, its so valuable to visit the educational school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience could be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we already have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you choose to come to USC, here’s an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you haven’t already https://shmoop.pro/. Look at the Financial Aid section of our internet site to get more information about how exactly to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you have a better chance to getting the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you’re not 100% sure you’re visiting USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you may additionally register for courses with an advisor that is academic. You will be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high school transcript and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB advanced level exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
If you have concerns that are not covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help reply to your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a good learning environment by allowing for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted within the class room.
Certain courses by themselves are even created around providing students with the opportunity to connect to students from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican university, also as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing computer software.
USC also ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language skills by spending a summer coping with a number family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students using the chance to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a few weeks, students will always be on-campus and investigate an issue that is international in scope. They then travel to your certain area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it is imperative that our students face various cultures, as well as obtaining the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern California, but our company is really a global place!